Tuesday 26 July 2011

Progress!

This week I have mostly been preserving every single fruit or vegetable that isn't fast enough to get out of my way, and have therefore had rather less time for costuming than I would like. What free time I have had has been somewhat complicated by the near permanent spattering of fruit pulp* over my person, which makes working on a cream costume a very bad idea.

That said, last night I did manage to wash off the raspberry juice, and finished up the belt base for my twenties costume. No pics yet, because boring strip of satin is boring, but the bra is looking something like this...


I have since finished the beading on the left boob, but still need to add the pearl drapes. There will undoubtedly be a post about that as I'm not sure where to put them, and asking my husband about the placement of pearl necklaces is a one way ticket to Facepalm.

I don't know about the rest of the blogosphere, but my bellydance diary is filling up fast, I have Sunday workshops over the summer concentrating on tribal fusion, which is my teacher's speciality but not my usual style. Come September i have two haflas and a workshop, then we're into October and another three haflas and a henparty. I've never had so much of a social life!

*six pots of raspberry curd, five of jam, a bottle of plums, two lots of cherries in brandy and some disastrous redcurrant jelly that hasn't set. The kitchen may never be clean again, but at least I'll never run out of raffle prizes!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, that's beautiful! Are you available for commissions?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the shoulder beading trails down into the cups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice minimalistic elegance :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thank you for the compliments. Sorry, Raqasa, I'm still at the 'bodge it together' stage of design, though I am branching out into designing for my troupe mates. I'm too slow a worker to dare take on commissions. One of my costumes has been in progress for nearly three years!

    ReplyDelete