Thursday 26 July 2012

Choreo woes and cake

I had an amazing idea for a fusion choreography the other day, and have been playing with it on and off, trying to do justice to the music and the visions in my head.

There's a point in every choreography, I find, where it suddenly stops being fun and exciting, and suddenly all the moves seem helplessly clunky and awkward, and the transitions are strained and slapped together rather than flowing and seamless.

Suffice to say that I've reached the point with this choreography!

So the choreography is shelved for a few days until I get my enthusiasm back, and instead I've been doing some drilling.

It's hotter than Satan's conservatory here at the moment, and seeing as I'm already a hot sweaty mess, I might as well make the most of it and get in some energetic shimmy drill.

My choo shimmies and loose, juicy shimmies are already looking better, so next will be tightening up the loose shimmy and playing with vibrations. I was super impressed by Ozgens precision shimmies, and while I don't aspire to that level of perfection, more control would be good. And I can certainly manage flicking sweat around with every hip accent (it was apparently very hot on stage at Gothla!)

And finally, Shira.net has just turned 15, so I went looking for an appropriate cake picture. I'd love to know who made this!


No comments:

Post a Comment