Sunday 30 June 2013

I'm Ba-a-a-a-ack...

It has been a while, hasn't it?

I sort of dropped off the online belly dance network for a while. I think I was getting tired of seeing the same old arguments rehashed again and again. I'm not all that interested in hearing why fusion is bad and why only Egyptian dancing is real belly dance and why belly dance is a bad name for it anyway and how tribal dancer are all super bitches who hate cabaret and calling it cabaret is a massive insult anyway and besides everyone knows you're not a real belly dancer unless you can play zills while standing on your head although gimmicks and props are naff and a real dancer doesn't need them she just feels the music and responds to it although she only ever dances to live music as recordings suck.

Ahem. Perhaps tired is not the word.

Anyway, apart from grumping about people being wrong on the internet, I have mainly been working on rehab for the hip that was injured in a car accident, and Masha'allah it seems almost there now. 

Which is good, because Gothla 2013 is almost upon us, and my troupe are performing on the Saturday night. Gothla is always the highlight of our year, and we want to be on top form, especially as my troupe mate C will be compere on the Friday for the Showcase. We always knew she was destined for big things!

The choreography is top secret - even the music we've chosen is under wraps. Rest assured that it looks amazing though - I can't wait to show it off.

We had a slight hiccup after another troupe went for very similar music, and costumes that were just what we were planning. However, rather than gripe about it (and it really was just sheer bad luck that two trios went for the same band and the same costumes to perform at the same gig!), we put our heads together to come up with something totally different. Perhaps we will set a new trend - who knows?

As I said, it's all top secret until we debut it on 20 July, but as a little make-up for being off the scene so long, I shall treat you to a sneak preview....


No comments:

Post a Comment