Wednesday 18 April 2012

Onto the next one...

It seems that no sooner have I completed a costume than I'm bored with it and want to move on to the next project.



The blue velvet baladi dress is not actually completed- the bra needs lining and the fringing on the dress comes to an abrupt halt under my left buttock. I think it may also need a dollop of fringe between the bra cups, but that will depend heavily on whether I can be arsed to make it. Making fringe is boooring!

For my next costume I was debating between making a very retro style bedlah and fluffy skirt, or a sleek egyptian skirt and bra, with a decorated leg to match. Then I bought this....


Yes, that's over a foot long. Clearly, I am destined to make a fringe monster!

1 comment:

  1. That dress is spectacular! I'm so jealous of people who are clever enough to make their own costumes. I love the 'barber shop' twisty-stripe of pale blue around it too. Those colours look great with your colouring. I must ask again: when are your designs 'going commercial'?!

    ReplyDelete